Thursday, January 9, 2014

Suzanne Brockmann is a GOD


Remember that drama with the Bravo Familia in December? Well, the hospital visits have been keeping my mind off the painful job search but only binge-reading really smoking hot and well-written fiction keeps my mind off the hospital visits. 

I managed to finish four of the Suzanne Brockmann Troubleshooters series in the past two weeks. All I can say is, "Damn. That is one kickass author." Seriously, I've been a fan for years and years. It is entirely possible that I read my first Suzanne Brockmann in 2003 or 2004. AND THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER! Not only does the idea of boinking a completely ripped dude from SEAL Team Sixteen drill my fantasy buttons dead center but add in sarcasm, witty repartee, and oh can you say Joss Whedon references (Buffy! Firefly! Star Wars! ok, he didn't write that last one...but you get me here, right?!). Be still my heart. 

And then take that SEAL body and add feminist outlook and some real marriage equality love...let's just say you can skip the foreplay and take me now. 

Suzanne Brockmann, if you are out there and reading this, there is a progressive MilSpouse right here that loves you.*



*I'd put money on my spouse appreciating your art as well. Next date night, I'm planning to experiment by reading an Izzy & Eden excerpt from Breaking the Rules. We'll see if GI Bravo sends up a salute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment